Defined by Mons. Savi the richest and most complete church of the whole Upper Susa Valley from an artistic point of view, the Parish Church of San Giovanni Battista was born as a Romanesque-style church and was "harmoniously" influenced during its partial reconstruction in 1506 by the Gothic art. Outside, but above all on the inside walls restored in the year 2000, it is possible to admire beautiful 16th century frescoes.
Ancient liturgical books and sacred furniture and vestments preserved in the sacristy form a permanent exhibit witnessing the wisdom and devotion of a mountain community.
Location: Salbertrand (TO) Region: Piedmont